Remove an employee from payroll
This is the situation in which an employee isn't leaving, but needs to be removed from your payroll. Common examples of this are:
- An employee is moving abroad and is now being hired as a contractor
- An employee is moving abroad and is now being hired by an Employer of Record (e.g. Deel, Remote.com, Omnipresent)
- An employee is staying in the UK, but now working as a contractor instead of being on UK payroll
How to move an employee from your payroll
- On the People tab, select the person, then select "Actions"
- Set the leaving date as their last day on UK payroll. Onfolk will automatically pro-rata the salary for that month accordingly. After their leaving date has passed, you'll still be able to see their profile by clicking "view leavers" on the People tab,.
- Next, invite them to Onfolk with a non payroll profile. Set their start date as the first day they'll be working outside of UK payroll.
- They will receive an email from Onfolk asking them to set up their profile again.
- You're all done 🎉